The Financial Aspect of Customer Service
The determining factor in attracting and retaining clients is dependent on
a well-informed and motivated workforce. Manipulating financial numbers is fundamental
in banking, and plays a major role in gaining customer’s trust. Awareness
and application of basic mathematical concepts has become a necessity in serving
an increasingly informed clientele.
As bankers, we rely on computers for account management and interest calculations,
and as such have created a dependency. Clients hold dearly to their money, and
everyone in today’s market seeks higher quality financial services. We
must have the skills to answer and appease customer concerns.
With so many options and choices available in today’s highly competitive
marketplace, making the right financial decision has become increasingly difficult.
This workshop will examine the fundamental ways interest is calculated, and
its application on the market.
Bankers: Customer Service Representatives, Account Officers, Credit Officers,
- Inspire confidence in employees regarding interest calculation, and their
ability to explain the process to customers.
- Empower employees with the essential skills of interest calculation and
- Provide higher quality financial customer service.
- Create win-win situations for customers and bankers.
- Assist bankers to better organize and manage the financial affairs of their
Each of the topics covered will include a comprehensive handout with related
- Overview of Interest
- Simple Interest
- Discount Interest
- Compound Interest
- The Effective Rate of Interest
- Amortized Loans
- Installment Purchasing
- Overview of Banking Practices
- Overview of Local Market Practices
- Hands on Case Analysis
Back to Previous Page