Goal setting is a formal process during which you define targets that you plan to achieve. When you set goals, you commit to outcomes that will be accomplished personally or through your team.
Purpose and benefits
Goal setting creates a long-term vision for your unit and provides the motivation to get you there. It has the additional benefit of helping you decide how you want to focus your resources and spend your time.
- Goal Setting: an Overview
- Setting SMART Goals
- Developing Unit Goals
- Developing Individual Goals
- Maximizing Goal Success
- Accomplishing Goals
- Evaluating Goals
Tips for Setting Unit Goals
- Keep a running list of possible goals to consider when brainstorming your goal list
- Make sure that your goals fit into your manager's and organization's goals.
- Keep goals SMART (Specific, M easurable, A chievable, R ealistic, T ime-limited)
- Write your goals down and keep the list visible). Combine tasks from different goals where possible
Tools & Forms
- Goal Development Worksheet
- SMART Goal Worksheet
- Goal and Task Worksheet
- Obstacles/Solutions Worksheet
- Worksheet for Evaluating Goals
Back to Previous Page